The History Museum

Hello everyone! Welcome back!
I had a few good ideas for the first creative crafting prompt of the year (yay!) but I liked one the best... let's start, shall we?

Today Miranda Maple (the older sister I'm using as a grandmother) is visiting the Maple Cats at their house. She has a very special event planned with Millie.


Georgina greets her mother with a smile.

"Hello, Mum. I'm so happy you decided to take Millie with you to the History Museum's grand opening," she says. "I hope it's not too much work for you."

"Oh, it's nothing; I'm glad to take Millie for a little Grandma and granddaughter day together. Our last one was too long ago for me to remember."

"Alright then, do you want me to pack a snack bag or, maybe serve you a tea?"

"Sure, that sounds nice."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Millie is also very excited to see her beloved grandmother and can't wait to see the museum for the first time.

"This is going to be great! I'm so excited!" she says as they approach the big building.

"Me too, darling, me too," Miranda smiles back. "Let's go then, what are we waiting for?"


The Museum of Natural History and Arts is owned by Mr. Tuxedo, a wealthy businessman who decided to take his parents' museum and refurbish it into a more modern, up-to-date place, open to all.

Stella Chocolate is taking her little sister to the museum to see the fancy jewels. Creme, though, is more interested in the gigantic diamond on a shiny golden pedal stool at the back. Sparkly!


Mr. Teak and his son, Felix are admiring some old fashion Sylvanians wore long ago.


Susie Silk is dropping by and having a chat with Mr. Tuxedo himself. Ooh--what a pretty pearl!


Mr. Tuxedo, also known just as Mason, greets them with open arms.


"Welcome to the new museum, would you like a short tour of our main exhibit, the jewels?"


First, Mason shows Millie and Miranda the jewels--green ones, blue ones, gold ones, clear ones... wow!

"Mr. Buttercup's great-grandfather found them while digging around his farm. They were recently given to us by the Buttercup family... very pretty, don't you think?"

"Definitely! These are amazing!" Millie and Miranda say in unison.


The next section is very dainty. An old sewing book, an iron, a fancy dish and white cloth are on the table. Miranda's face is the first to light up.

"My sisters and I used to sew a lot. It's very fun--relaxing, even. Of course, I prefer crocheting these days, but sewing is still one of my hobbies."

"I've tried sewing before, Grandma. You're right, it is fun. I've even made some clothes for my dolls, with Mom's help." Millie replies.


Now, Miranda and Millie move on to the last and final section for today's exibit; a beautiful dress.


On the back, it reads 'Belonged to Zepherina Angelique D. Trunk, the very first mayor of Huckleberry Springs.'

"Wow, that's a long name," Millie giggles.

"It is," agrees Miranda. "But I think the main attraction is the pretty dress Mrs. Trunk wore."

"I know, but don't think she wore it all the time, though, Grandma," Millie says and they both laugh.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In the end, Millie and her grandmother had a wonderful time at the museum. Millie plans to visit again sometime soon to see their next exhibit--a dinosaur event. She even the pamphlet for it!

I hope all is well with you and your families this January! I can't wait to hear again from all of you and your adorable Sylvanians!

Also, you can find my dinosaur pamphlet printable here: https://sylvanianfamiliesforum.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=703&start=10

Best wishes,

Emilie and the Maples

Comments

  1. Hi Emilie!

    You did a wonderful job with this little story! It was so cute and enjoyable, and a great idea for the History prompt. I'm sure Millie and her grandma had a wonderful day out together, and I loved every display in the museum, it was like I was there visiting too! I now also look forward to the dinosaur event! Thank you for the cool pamphlet! :)
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell!

      Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed reading this story and found it cute and fun. Millie and her grandma did have a lovely day out together and plan on doing something like that again soon! You're very welcome for the pamphlet!
      I hope you have a wonderful day, too!

      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete
  2. Hello Emilie!

    It was great fun following Granny Miranda and her granddaughter looking at all those interesting items at Mason Tuxedo's brandnew museum:
    That giant pearl is amazing - I wonder how big the oyster must have been... That big green crystal is wonderful and certainly very rare and valuable... but my personal favourite is the first Mayor's dress. Mrs Trunk must have looked very elegant in this outfit. If Apple McClaw and Juice Porter should get to your town someday, they will have it on their list of "places worth-seeing"... That's for sure ! I hope you are having a wonderful January :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Florence!

      I'm very glad you liked the museum. I had so much fun setting up all the displays. I, too, wonder what the oyster looked like... it must have been huge! And I also like the green crystals and the dress. The Maples and other residents of Huckleberry Springs would love to meet Apple and Juice and learn about everything in Purrchester.

      I hope you are having a wonderful January, too!

      Emilie

      Delete
  3. That was an entertaining story, Emilie. It was nice to see so many attendees showing interest in the history of Huckleberry Springs. It was also nice that Mason Tuxedo gave Millie and her grandmother a personal tour of the assorted exhibits - such service!

    I hope you're enjoying your January!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson!

      Thanks for your comment. Mason Tuxedo was very pleased that he attracted so many attendees on the museum's opening day. He would never miss an opportunity to give a little tour to someone--he loves history and appreciates your "such service"!

      Best wishes,

      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete
  4. Hello Emilie! What a lovely day out Millie and her grandmother had. I did enjoy the tour of Mr Tuxedo's museum (the display of Mrs Trunk's dress was rather clever of you, and looked like a very authentic exhibit). It seems to me that you have addressed the challenge twice here: there is plenty of history on display in the museum, but also Millie is having her own personal "history" created right now, by spending quality time with her grandmother. Reminds me a bit of the outings I used to go on with my own Nanna. I'm sure that like me, Millie will treasure these memories in years to come. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello GreyRabbit!

      Thanks so much for your lovely comment! I'm happy that you enjoyed the tour given by Mr. Tuxedo and all of the museum displays! It was very nice setting them all up so it would look like a real museum. Mrs. Trunk's dress was actually inside (did you guess?) a baby carry case carrier, hehe. Millie had a lot of fun with her grandmother and can't wait to see her again. I'm sure that you and your Nanna had lots of fun, too, when you and her would go out together. Millie will treasure those memories, that's for sure!

      I hope you are having a great January!

      Delete
  5. Hi Emilie,
    I love your approach to the History Challenge. It was nice to meet Millie´s grandma and it was lovely to see the two of them spending some quality time together.
    The Museum was worth a visit. So many interesting and beatiful things to look at. My favourite was Mrs. Trunk´s outfit. How clever of you to place it into one of the baby carry cases!
    Thanks for the printable of the dinosaur pamphlet. That exhibition sounds fun and exciting!

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata,

      Thanks so much for your kind words about my entry! Millie and her grandma had a lovely time together and are glad you think they did, too!
      Mason Tuxedo thanks you for your comments of his museum. I like Mrs. Trunk's outfit the best, too! You're very welcome for the printable. If there is ever a History Challenge #2 I will include that in it!

      I hope you have a wonderful week, too!

      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

A Very Merry Christmas

A Christmas Prelude