A Christmas Prelude

Hello again, fellow collectors/photographers/bloggers!


Since the move is getting back to normal and we have now partially settled in, let the posts begin! But first, I would like to say a few things:
  • I've been pretty late on the Creative Crafting challenges, missing two in a row. The first one I missed was the Gratitude challenge, due to the business of preparations for the move and packing and unpacking my things. The second one I missed--the Christmas Lists one--because I posted a different topic on my blog instead: renovations in the Maple Cat's house. So... here's something to get us into the Christmas spirit and focus a bit first on the renovations. Here goes!!
  • Oh yes, and one last thing before we start: Thank you, everyone, for your support about my blog, your lovely comments and the encouraging things you say! With this blog and this community, not only do I have an audience but also friends--from all over the world. So thank you. You, my parents, my sister, and all my family are what I'm grateful for! Now, let's start!
The Maple's kitchen is officially done! Theodore and Georgina decorated it and Millie helped. They are so proud to see what they have accomplished.



They are also very grateful for their new kitchen! It looks great, don't you think?


If we take a peek into their new living room, it's very cozy. A bit smaller than their previous one, but still manageable. They also got rid of a lot of books and extra accessories so the living room was a lot less cluttered.

------------------------------------------------------------ **

Today is a very special day in Huckleberry Springs. It's the day the citizens come together to celebrate the coming of Christmas and the Autumn season before Winter comes. They even sing a special song with a new guest every year. This year's special lead singer is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Furrbanks, who has amazing talent but is only 12 years old!

The event is organized by the Mayor and his wife, whom you met earlier as the judge of the Great Sylvanian Bake Of. Mr. and Mrs. Wilder gather round, too, with the rest of the townspeople in the village square.


Ooh, exciting! The celebration is about to start! Let's listen:

"Merry Christmas to all in Sylvania
and all of Huckleberry Springs.
Autumn is very slowly leaving us,
with all the gifts that Winter brings.

"Like ice and snowflakes,
falling from the sky.
And evergreen trees
that stand up high.

"Like sitting near the fireplace,
getting all toasty warm,
with a little drink of hot cocoa.
We ask for no more,

"Than just to be with our family,
and all of our friends, too.
And our neighbours and our village
So Merry Christmas to you!"



Aw, that was a very heartwarming song. Well, I guess I can't snoop around their world forever!

See you soon and I hope that you are all healthy, happy and having a great December!

With love and festive Christmas spirit,


Emilie and all of Huckleberry Springs

Comments

  1. The Mapels house looks very warm and cozy, they must love it! The daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Furbanks sounds like a treat to listen to, did you write the song she sung? The lyrics are gorgeous! I look forward to future blogposts now that you have mostly unpacked and settled in.
    Hugs, Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Emily,
      Thank you for your lovely comment. I agree, I really like the level I've taken the renovations to, the only problem is that I can't find my booklet of scrap-booking paper, which is the one I use to wallpaper the rooms with... my parents are helping me look when they have the time, so at the moment the Maple's house will have to stay un-wallpapered. I'm glad you like it, though!
      Yes, I did write the song--besides liking setting up scenes and taking pictures of my Sylvanians, I also enjoy writing poetry and songs. I'm so happy you enjoyed it! Thanks again!
      Best wishes,
      Emilie

      Delete
  2. Hi Emilie!

    Loved this post! I always enjoy looking at decorated rooms, and the Maples' kitchen and living room look great! Love the newspaper on the coffee table!
    It was great to see the citizens of Huckleberry Springs celebrating the coming of Christmas. What a cute tree, and they're all so adorable singing their very own carol! You did a great job writing the song.
    I also wanted to thank you for the new printables you posted on the forum, love them!
    Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell!

      Thanks for your kind words. I'm happy you enjoyed reading my latest post and you liked the way I decorated the kitchen and living room. I made the newspaper myself, so thanks again! The citizens of Huckleberry Springs are happy to share their traditions and songs with you! The tree was my mom's idea, she helped a little bit with inspiration :)

      You're welcome for the printables! Even more will come soon, as they are fun to make. Also, if you ever come up with any printables of your own, feel free to also add them for the community!

      I hope you have a great week, too!
      Emilie :D

      Delete
  3. Hello Emilie
    It's great to see Huckleberry Springs getting into the Christmas spirit! What a lovely song you have written for them.
    And yes I also like the Maples' new kitchen and living area - it looks very cosy and liveable. Where did you get the little bin in the kitchen? Is it Sylvanian? It's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello GreyRabbit,

      Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you liked the song they (all of the Huckleberry Springs citizens!) sang and the Christmas celebrations they shared. The bin in the kitchen is Sylvanian Families but now I forget which set I got it in, so I'll send you the link if/when I can find it.

      Also, the Maples are very happy you like their kitchen and living area.

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  4. What lovely lyrics, Emilie! Chris Snow-Warren was impressed! I bet the Furrbanks's daughter sounded great when she sang them for Huckleberry Springs.

    Your décor and photos are lovely too. I'm guessing the Sylvanian Times newspaper was one of your creations - it looks very realistic.

    Great work, Emilie. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thanks so much, Jackson! Wow--Huckleberry Springs' Christmas song impressed Chris Snow-Warren? Tell him I'm happy he liked it :)

      Yes, I did make the newspaper on the table, but unfortunately it is way past Spring season when I created it and so the headline still says "spring is coming" oops... :o

      Also, glad you liked the photos!

      Have a good week, too!

      Delete
  5. Hi Emily,

    It was a lovely surprise to log into your blog and find a new layout. It looks fabulous!
    I´m sorry I´ve missed your latest entries but I´ve been quite busy for the past few months and I haven´t had time to post on my blog and neither time to read and comment on my favourite blogs . Yours is one of them.

    I´ve read you´ve been busy too. Moving house must be a bit stressful. I hope you have settled in well in your grandmother´s house. It seems it has lots of advantages. I´m sure your grandma is happy your parents decided to buy her house and she must delighted that you and your family are living there.

    Talking about houses, I love the renovations of Maple´s kitchen and living room Both look really warm and cosy. The little details you added such as the newspaper on the table, the vase of flower, plants ,that poster on the kitchen wall and the cute kitchen accessories contribute to make it very homey.

    Your christmas prelude is absolutely charming! What a heartwarming tradition for the inhabitants of Huckelberry Spring. The song is lovely!Did you make it up yourself? I´ve been catching up on the forum and I came across a new thread where you post your printables. I saw that cute book of christmas carols. Thanks a lot, Emilie.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata,

      Sorry I took a few days to respond, life is keeping me busy.

      I’m glad you like my new blog layout. A while back in late October I changed it; I found the old layout was too small and cluttered, the text wasn’t easy to read and the pictures weren’t big enough.

      Don’t worry about not reading my latest entries for a while. I don’t mind.

      Yes, moving houses can be a busy time, but now things are calming down. I agree, I think my grandma would be very happy to know that we kept her house part of the family.

      I’m happy you like the Maple’s new kitchen and living room. The details and cosiness really gives it a sense of charm, don’t they?

      Yes, I did write the song. I like it, too. I’m glad you enjoy the idea of a Christmas prelude!

      Have a great week!
      Emilie

      Delete
  6. Hi Emilie! Sorry I'm a bit late commenting on this post but I'm so glad I came over to have a look! The summer holidays have just begun here and it seems like there's so much stuff to do outside and all, that I haven't had much time to jump on the computer! Anyway, I loved this post! You (ahem I mean the Maples) did a fabulous job on the house; it looks great! It is indeed something to be very proud of!
    I love all the details you put into the house, especially that poster on the kitchen wall by the vase. I'm guessing you made that also?
    How lovely to be able to listen to the Huckleberry Springs Christmas song! Those lyrics are beautiful!
    Haha, I know what you mean about snooping in their world! I would love to be a Sylvanian or be able to live with them! They just are such sweet, gentle critters. If the world was like Sylvania it'd be a wonderful place!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      No problem about being "late". I don't mind at all. Thanks for your lovely comment! I'm glad you like the house, I will soon wallpaper it when I have time. Yes, I did make the poster. I found it on the internet and printed it out in small size. Thanks again for your kind words about the Huckleberry Springs song. I would love to be able to live in Sylvania, too, if I could. They have a wonderful little world, don't they?
      Have a great week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

A Very Merry Christmas

The Huckleberry Springs Bake-Off