Sweet Memories

"Theodore, do you remember when we met?"

"Of course I do, Georgina. It was hilarious!"


"We were two young punk rockers..."

"Even though our parents weren't so sure!"

"Haha, yeah."

"I remember when Bruce asked me to meet you."

"Yes, definitely."

"And you liked my orange mohawk, didn't you?"

"Well, it was rather cute."

"Kind of, and your blue hair was a riot!"

"Hey!"

"Just joking. I mean in a good way."


"We started dating but you refused to eat any fast food past seven."

"Well, it's not like it's good for you or anything!"

"I know, but it was a date! And it was funny because it was like you hadn't heard the word before."

"I'd heard it before! But, yeah... I was a little out-of-the-ordinary, wasn't I?"

*pause*

"Yum! This food is really good... it reminds me of our banquet hall at our wedding!"

"Oh yeah! And our cake was the best part, wasn't it?"

"With the dancing on the terrace? Definitely!"


"It was pretty romantic."

"Yes, it was."

*pause*

"We didn't invite that many people... maybe fifty, even..."

"Yeah, but I don't think we needed to invite that many people, anyway. Oh, and in the cake pictures, there was my mom... and my little brother Jasper, who was only turning nineteen at the time."



"I think she was relieved you'd quit punk rocking, don't you think?"

"Haha. I think she was pretty relieved, yeah."

"But remember when Millie came?!"

"Oh, gosh, yeah! We thought she was going to be a boy, we just felt it!"

"But then she was born, and she was a girl!"



"What a shock!"

"But a great one, of course."



"And her room was unisex to the fullest. The colours, the theme, everything. Even her toys."

"Well, yeah. You wouldn't think we would specifically give her dolls or cars based on her gender."

"She didn't even need toys for a long time. But she was always cute."

"Yes. Very cute."

"And she went through that stage with paper bag puppets!"



"And the stage with her favourite band!"

"And the 'no pink' phase! Boy, that one was tough. There were barely any blue girl's clothes in the stores at that time."



"And what about Daisy?"

"Oh, yes. We can't forget about her."


"Again, we had the wrong assumptions. We thought Millie was going to be an only child, but when Daisy came when she was nine, already!"

"Oh! But we were so happy!"

"And so was she!"

"All shocked, though."



"How could we not be?"

*pause*

"Daisy was born at home because she came a little early."

"We didn't have time to get to the hospital."

"I actually think that having her at home was less stressful than at the clinic."

"Well, maybe, but I wasn't you. It was the same, but amazing, none the less! Glad you thought it was less stressful though, but maybe because Daisy is our second and you knew what to expect."

*pause*

(sorry for blurriness on the left side...)

"Our life is great, isn't it? Everything seemed like a gift."


"Speaking of gifts..."


"Oh, Theodore!"

"This is for you, darling!"

"You're so kind!"

"Happy Valentine's day! Will you be mine?"

"Like every year? Of course!"

"Should we order cupcakes or the special for today, whip-cream and custard pie?"

"The special, I guess?"

"It looks like a one time deal."

"One slice of pie, each, then!"

"Great. Done."

"I had a wonderful time talking with you, dear!"

"Me too, Georgina."

"Our life has been so amazing to us so far! Happy Valentine's day!"

"I agree to the fullest! Happy Valentine's day!"



THE END

(side note - I hope you all enjoyed this story! I had so much much crafting, creating and thinking up story ideas for this prompt. The plot is loosely based on how my mother and father met-- loosely, not entirely--and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day yourselves! Best wishes,

Emilie xoxo)

Comments

  1. Hi Emilie! This was such a perfect and sweet Valentine's post!
    Wow, who would've thought that Georgina and Theodore used to be punk rockers! They certainly have changed alot!
    I love the photos of Baby Millie in her room, especially the paper bag puppets! I think I too went through my fair share of phases too, only at one point I refused to wear anything but pink!
    It's so heartwarming to see Theodore and Georgina still so in love!
    Happy Valentine's! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie,
      Sorry I couldn't reply sooner. I'm so glad you liked my entry! I really enjoyed crafting every little detail and had so much fun making the 'punk rocker' scene. To be honest, I might post extra bonus photos on the forum some time soon.
      Baby Millie sure was cute, wasn't she? Her room was quick and makeshift... (it's actually a stepping stool I borrowed fro the bathroom, plopped upright and stuck a sheet of wallpaper - I mean scrap booking paper - on...) but I'm very happy you liked it!
      Theodore and Georgina had a great Valentine's day together. I hope you did, too!
      Happy belated Valentine's!
      Hugs, Emilie

      Delete
  2. Hi Emilie!
    What a sweet and heartwarming post for Valentine´s Day!
    I really enjoyed reading about Georgina and Theodore´s first date, their wedding, the arrival of their daughters...So many happy memories to share on this special day!
    I wouldn´t have thought Georgina and Theodore used to be punk rockers! Haha, the first pictures made me smile! It was fun and interesting to know a little bit more about their lives.
    I love all the crafts you made for this story. The punk rock outfits and wigs, the burger, the wedding cake and the paper puppets which are really cute.
    It´s lovely to see how Georgina and Theodore are still very much in love.
    Hope they enjoyed their Valentine´s dinner. Their choice for dessert sounds great!
    Aww! The last picture is adorable!

    Sending you a big hug on Valentine´s Day!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata,
      Thanks so much for your comment! My apologies for not replying sooner! I'm glad you enjoyed reading the little story. I like it, too, and I'm really happy how everything ended up turning out.
      The crafts were fun to make, and should show a few pictures of how I made them on the forum. Georgina and Theodore are very happy together and had a great Valentine's day. Happy belated Valentine's to you!
      Best wishes,
      Emilie
      P.S. I love the last picture, too :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Emilie!
    Wow. You covered so much of Theodore and Georgina's life in your story. All the highlights and special moments in their life to show how they became the loving parents they are today. I think my favourite picture was when Millie was born; so cute! Although the last picture comes close!

    I hope you're having a great February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson!
      Thanks for your kind words on my entry!
      I'm glad you liked reading it and loved all the pictures. I agree, baby Millie was so cute (then again, aren't all babies adorable?) And I also like the last picture!
      I hope you are enjoying your February, too!
      Best wishes and happy belated Valentine's (and birthday!)
      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete
  4. Wonderful story, I had a great laugh with the punk hair! I really liked the way you presented their life through different eras until now! What a great couple! And you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sylvanako! It's a pleasure to get a comment from you! I'm very happy you liked the story; I had so much fun crafting it. I hope you are enjoying the last few days of February. Best wishes, Emilie

      Delete
  5. Hi Emilie!

    This was such an enjoyable entry! I adored reading the conversation between Theodore and Georgina, such a sweet Valentine's Day story about their life ever since they met. Loved their past as punk rockers, haha! It was wonderful to read about their wedding and the birth of their daughters. Loved Millie's paper bag puppets and her no pink phase, so realistic, hehe!

    Loved the sweet ending, with the beautiful flowers and the pie they shared. You took amazing pictures for this story, loved them all!

    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

A Very Merry Christmas

A Christmas Prelude