Art School

Hi readers! This post is probably one of my happiest because I was well enough (being sick for the last few days) to actually participate in Challenge #4... Art and Artists.
I don't know who to thank for this amazing luck, but other than a few coughs and a bit of a sore throat, I'm feeling really good! I had the ideas and I knew they wouldn't be too hard. Let's begin, anyways. On with things!!! **drumroll

JCPOA (Iran Deal): Not "Yes-No", but "What now?" | Dina ...
Cecilia Teak is a well-known songwriter so it all surprised us when the busy, well to do celebrity star decided to open an art school for toddlers and young children.


The Art School, Budlings, was (in real life inspired by the wallpaper I used to liven up my diorama, hehe) created in November 2019 and is growing very popular among the residents of Huckleberry Springs. Each child is coming home with splendid results and an increase in talent. They all say they are having a lot of fun. Millie is, unfortunately, too old for the programme but as soon as Daisy turns two Georgina plans on sending her. (she is a bit of a handful, you know!)


Today, Saturday, Cecila welcomes the class of toddlers, ages ranged from 2 to 5: The Tuxedo Cat triplets, Angelia, Peppermint and Midnight, a richer but distant cousin of the Maple Cats, who goes by the name of Ophelia Stripe, Creme Chocolate and Suzy Snow-Warren.

It's time to begin class!


"This is a four-leafed clover. It's a special sign for St. Patrick's Day. They say if you catch one, your wishes will come true!"

"It's like an eyelash!" says Creme. Everyone giggles.

"Kind of like an eyelash, yes..." says Cecilia. What wacky children! "Anyway, I would like all of us to draw the little clover because if you draw it, it's like you have one. So I think that while you're all drawing a four-leafed clover, I want you to think of what you wish for the most."

"Okay," say all the children. They can't wait to get started!


All the children love drawing! They get lots of compliments and they get to use fancy art supplies they don't usually get to go near at home in case they get all messy.

"What lovely four-leaf clovers you are all making, there!"

"Thank you, Miss Teacher."


After that, it's time for a song, the Buddling's song, in fact. Cecilia composed and wrote it herself.

"We are the Buddlings
We love to laugh and play-ay
We are the Buddlings
We draw and sketch all day-ay

Sometimes we can make a mess
But we'll clean it in the end
Here we make lots of friends
What a fun place to be

We are the Buddlings
Somedays we make paintings
We are the Buddlings
Other days we shape with clay

We like to run around
We are fun to be around
Sometimes we don't make a sound,
And that is when we're sleeping sound!

We have a nice teacher
And we're nice to each other
We are the Buddlings
When we grow up

We'll be big roses
And we'll draw so well
We are the Buddlings
We love to play all-day
And paint and draw and sketch and shape with clay!"


Time for a photo!


The little babies are always excited to show their mommy or daddy what they made that day.

"I really hope I get my new tricycle!" says Peppermint. "I wished for it while I was drawing my clover."

"Clover? Well, let's see then," says Mommy cat. Peppermint, Angelica and Midnight show her their little sketches. "How pretty!" says Mommy.

In bed...

The triplets will be dreaming of nice things at night and wondering if their dreams will come true. "I wonder what Mrs. teacher wished for?"

"Hmm...?? I wonder, too."

Mommy has hung their drawings on the wall. Maybe the little artists's dreams did come true after all.

THE END


Comments

  1. Hi Emilie!
    I'm glad you're feeling a little better from being poorly. Your work hasn't suffered! This is a cute story, and the toddler pupils are so sweet; their attempts at four-leaf clovers illustrate what a clever storyteller you are. Your song is great. Your repetition of some lines reminds me of some poetic forms that I saw in my creative writing course a few years ago, so you're in good company!
    I hope you and your family continue to get better and have a good March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson!
      Thanks for the get well wishes. I feel better every day. I'm glad you like the little four leaf clovers and the song. I had lots of fun setting up something that was actually very simple to craft. The diorama was already all there, just ready to be wallpapered and empty (at the time). Unfortunately, it's terribly hard to draw the tiniest four leaf clovers ever so Cecelia's ended up with three leaves, not four. Well, mistakes happen and I'm sure it's not that noticeable. Anyway, thanks for all of your nice compliments on my story! They're always appreciated around here!
      Hugs, Emilie

      Delete
  2. Hi Emilie,
    I´m sorry to hear you´ve been sick for the past few days and I´m glad to know you´re already feeling better. The fact you posted such a lovely entry for challenge #4 is a good sign.
    I really enjoyed your story and cute pictures.
    It´s great toddlers and young children can attend an art school with such a good teacher.
    I love the classroom. It feels very warm and cozy. The florar wallpaper is beautiful and it matches perfectly with the pink mat. I love the tiny cushions too. The picture where the two kittens are drawing their four- leaf clovers is adorable. I really hope their wishes come true!
    I also love Mrs Teak´s guitar. Does it belong to a Sylvanian set?
    The song you wrote is fantastic. You´re very talented and creative!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata, thank you! I'm glad you liked the story. Actually Mrs. Teak's guitar is from a camping set I got when I was very little but it wasn't Sylvanian Families. I had fun writing the song, too. Sorry I've been so long and (as you've seen on the forum) taken a little break from SF and all. Anyway, couldn't let this comment go un-replied to! Best wishes, Emilie

      Delete
  3. Hi Emilie, glad you're feeling better!
    This is a very cute little story - what a nice thing Cecilia Teak is doing! I, too, liked the children's attempts at drawing the clover. And I love Creme's eyelash comment - it made me laugh! (I thought it was a nice touch that Cecilia didn't really seem to "get" it - it made it funnier, somehow!) :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greyrabbit, thank you! I had fun setting up everything. I agree, Creme is funny. Sorry for taking so long. I had to reply, though! Dropping out of SF for a little while and taking a break. I hope you are doing well! Hugs, Emilie

      Delete
  4. Hi Emilie!

    First of all, I'm glad you're feeling better. Being sick is no fun!

    What a cute story for the current prompt! I really enjoyed it. Cecilia's such a kind soul, and I'm sure she's having a lot of fun with her little pupils too! I also wonder what she wished for when she drew her four-leaf clover. I loved the whole concept of drawing the lucky clover and making a wish! Loved the pictures with them drawing and Cecilia with her guitar.
    You even wrote a song! Lovely lyrics, you did an amazing job! I'm terrible at writing anything with rhymes, so I'm very impressed!
    Loved the picture of the Tuxedo cat mama with her triplets! So cute!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell! I'm glad I'm feeling better, too. I agree--being sick is never fun, even if you get to stay home all day. Thanks! I'm happy you liked the song and the story. I also like the pictures of the class and Cecilia drawing and of the Tuxedo cat mama and her triplets. I hope you have a great day, too! Emilie, and the Maples, of course! hugs

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Merry Christmas

Little Acorn Nursery

Huckleberry Springs returns!