Interior Design... or Disaster?

Hello everyone!

Here is my entry for the Creative Crafting Challenge #2!

Interior Design.

Hope you enjoy!
_________________________________________________________________________________


Camryn Caramel still visits Millie regularly, as the two are very good friends. A few visits ago, the Maples found out that Camryn's mother is an interior designer!

Soon, Carla Caramel was moving things around; the Maples were wondering if they should do anything about their living room and the space they weren't using where the Christmas Tree was. Carla said that they should switch some things up.

Now the living room looks much better, don't you think :)



The couch, a picture of some flowers hanging on the wall, the coffee table, and an empty bookcase ready to be filled.


And last but not least, the phone table.

The Maples were so happy to see there living room's final new look. "But what will we do with the empty room that used to be the living room?" Georgina asked once Carla had left.


"Hmm... we'll talk about it tonight," promised Theodore.
_________________________________________________________________________________


Later that night...

"I was thinking maybe some sort of den, like a place for the kids to play with their toys, or a crafty area, or a room for all of our books..." Georgina said as she and Theodore discussed what they could turn this room into.

"That sounds like a good idea," said Theodore. "How about I go to the store tomorrow afternoon to get the things for the living room?"

"Sure," said Georgina. "I'll give you the list of things before you go. I should go write it."
_________________________________________________________________________________


The next afternoon...

"Do you have the list?"

"Yes,"

"Great. Good luck with the shopping!"

Once Theodore had left, Georgina remembered... "Oh no, I forgot to give him the address of the store!"
_________________________________________________________________________________


"Hmmm... I don't remember ever coming around here before..."

Theodore was lost. Suddenly he noticed where he was--Georgina's workplace, Pam's Garden Shop.


The garden shop had gone through several updates since 2019. The redecoration looks nice, don't you think? (Also, I don't know if you noticed, but I redid the sign. I found it was too messy and unprofessional and just didn't fit in. So I made a new one!)


Theodore stumbled through the snow and soon found himself in the warm oasis of the shop.


"Hello, it's Theodore, right?" Pamela smiled at him.

"Yes, I only believe we've met once or twice, sometime in the summer," Theodore replied.


"What brings you here today?"

"Well, to tell you the truth... I'm kind of lost!"

"Really? Where were you planning to go?"

"To Mr. and Mrs. Maces' furniture shop... Georgina and I are decorating a new room in the house, maybe some sort of recreational room... a fun place for toys and books and music and arts and crafts?"

"Well, that's a lot of things to buy... but, it isn't open on Sundays... I shop there often for new things for my store and I learnt from experience. Sorry!"

"Oh, well... in that case, what should I do?"


Pamela thought for a moment, then said "Just don't go home empty-handed.


Stella Chocolate, who had been served just before Theodore, overheard their conversation. A den? She thought to herself. I'll make something for them! Everyone loves my gifts!
_________________________________________________________________________________


Back at home, Theodore had started putting things up when Millie spotted him and told him it would be cool if the room was a surprise for Georgina. Then Daisy wanted to help, too, so the party of three put up everything until it was just right...


Millie had the honours of shouting "Surprise!" to her mother.

Let's just say that the surprise didn't go too well...


Especially for the dinner!

_________________________________________________________________________________

As for Stella, who you might be wondering about, her beautiful handmade curtains arrived a few days later...


And Georgina, who had somewhat gotten over the shock of an indoor/outdoor fake-grass-carpet-on-the-floor room, was enjoying her time in the new "den" very much.


I guess Theodore's mistake went well after all! Originality... counts!


I hope you enjoyed this story! I had a lot of fun writing it! Also, I hope everything in your lives is going well and that you're January's are wonderful!

Best wishes,
Emilie

Comments

  1. Hi Emilie!

    You've done a good job on this challenge. I particularly like the furniture and the brush (?) you've crafted.
    And the way you include Daisy continues to be so cute!

    I hope you're having a good January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson,

      Thank you for your kind words on my entry! I made the brush with an old toothbrush and a cut-to-the-right-size skewer. Daisy is cute, isn't she?

      Hope you're having a great January, too!

      Emilie

      Delete
  2. Hi Emilie,
    I´m afraid Georgina´s idea of a den was a bit different from the one Theodore, Millie and Daisy set up in the living room.Haha! She was so surprised that she even dropped the dish she had just cooked! I wonder if she´s going to keep that inviting "indoor garden" in her living room or if she will visit the Mace´s furniture shop to buy all the things she wanted for the kind of den she had in mind. After all,it seems she was enjoying her time in her new den.
    I love the new look of the garden shop. The sign looks great! Well done, Emilie!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata! Thanks so much for your kind comment. Georgina, of course, was shocked... but she recovered soon after. She likes how resourceful her family was and that they were able to create something even from that. It's now become her own little space where she can relax (with Daisy tugging on her dress, still, but peaceful enough) and enjoy herself. Pamela thanks you for your compliments on the new look of her shop. I hope you are enjoying your January!

      Best wishes, Emilie

      Delete
  3. Hi Emilie!

    Great story and pictures!
    Well, I for one really like the space Theodore and Millie made for Georgina, haha! I love the decoration and even the grass carpet. :D Stella was so kind to send them hand-made curtains!
    It was really funny when she dropped the dish though, hehe.
    The new living room looks great, love all the little details and the bookcase. Did you make it yourself?
    I also love the garden shop, you did wonderfully with the new sign!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell!
      Thank you so much! Although the new room was a little unexpected, Georgina now treasures it none the less. It certainly caught her by surprise though, haha! (but it's unique; I doubt anyone in Sylvania--let alone Huckleberry Springs--has one like that)
      Stella thanks you for noticing her kind little act there, too :)
      Yes, I agree. The dish dropping is the best part, isn't it? Hehe. Yes, with a little help from my mom in her spare time, her and I crafted the book case with foam boar,d hot glue gun and acrylic paints. It will have to be filled with more little crafts soon!
      Thanks for your compliment about the new sign. i agree, I also like it better than the old one. I hope you have a wonderful week, too!
      Happy (one-day-early) Valentine's Day!
      Emilie xoxo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

A Very Merry Christmas

The Huckleberry Springs Bake-Off