A New Year in the Making...

Hi everyone! Welcome back--it's officially 2020!!! Whoo-hoo! I still can't believe it!

Today we will see what the Maple's are up to this January. Come, let's go watch...


Theodore woke baby Daisy up gently this morning. "Come on, Daisy, it's time to celebrate the new year!"


Daisy cocked her head at him. "Noo yeew?" she asked.

"Come, let's get dressed and Mommy and I will show you what the New Year is about,"

Daisy was too young to be able to remember what her first had been like. She was excited to find out.



Millie didn't need to be woken up. She was already awake a long time ago, bouncing and shouting "It's 2020!! It's the New Year!! Yay!!!!!"



The Maple's had a lovely Christmas. They'd like to show you some pictures of under the tree... before the kids tore open the wrapping.


Everyone loved their gifts.


Today, everyone enjoys a hearty breakfast... and Millie heads out with her new toboggan. She loves it. It was a gift from Nina. Thank you!!


Daisy wants to go, too, but soon she finds it too cold, so Theodore must bring her back in.


Georgina would like to show you some other gifts Nina brought.


Here is the new laundry room, all wallpapered and bright. There is a little butterfly-shaped soap that the family loves to use. It makes the clothes smell very good.


In Millie's room, now with pink wallpaper, she has a new lamp, shaped like a mushroom! She loves it, and the funny thing is: it matches her wallpaper to an 'exact replica' extent--totally matching the pattern! Nina's gifts arrived a few minutes after I had wallpapered! What a coincidence!


Although it's not Christmas anymore, the Maple's are always welcome to new ornaments. A lovely, shiny gold tree and handmade, adorable rocking horse ornaments are their favourites. Again, thanks to our great friend from Germany, Nina!


And last but not least, a little candle and candleholder! How cute.


We can see that Millie is back inside and she, Theodore and Daisy are enjoying a cup of hot chocolate. Yum! Poor Daisy finds it a bit hot, though, so Georgina helps her by blowing on it.

If you head over to the forum, I will make sure I post--sooner than later--my new Christmas gifts from my family and the rest of the gifts from Nina last year! (wow, calling 2019 'last year' sounds a bit strange at first, doesn't it?)

Bye! Wishing you all a happy, healthy 2020 full of love, joy, happiness and Sylvanians!

xoxo Emilie and the Maple's


P.S. Here's a view of Millie (I cut out pieces of the fabric and German newspaper Nina sent and pinned them on her bulletin board) and Daisy's new rooms...



Hope you like them :)

Comments

  1. Millie's and Daisy's new rooms look lovely! And what kind gifts you received from Nina - lucky girl!
    It does seem strange that another new year has already begun, doesn't it? The "this year" / "last year" confusion in conversations might go on for another week or two yet, I think!
    Hope you and your family have a very Happy New Year, Emilie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit!
      Thank you for your kind words. I'm happy you liked the story and pictures. Millie and Daisy are delighted that you like their new bedrooms. Yes, I'm only starting to get used to calling our current year by 2020. Hehe :)
      Wishing you a wonderful year, too,
      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete
  2. A lovely introduction to 2020, Emilie. The Maple family look so comfortable in their Christmassy home and you've done a great job showing them off. And Daisy looks as cute as always!

    All the best to you and your family for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson!
      Thanks for your comment. The Maples and I are very happy you liked this post :) All the best for you, too (and all of Mellowdene!)
      Best wishes an a really happy new year,
      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Emilie,the Maple had a wonderful time! So cute story and pictures, especially the one with mom blowing on Daisy's cup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sylvanako! The Maples did have a great time celebrating the New Year! Yes, Mom blowing on Daisy's cup is a cute one, isn't it?
      I hope you had a wonderful new year, too :)
      All the best,
      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year, Emilie! :D
    I really enjoyed seeing the Maples welcome the new year, and looking at the renovated (and very cozy looking) rooms of their home! Millie was so excited, jumping on her bed, haha! And Daisy is as cute as ever. I love how you incorporated Nina's beautiful gifts into the story! So cool that the mushroom matches the wallpaper so perfectly!
    Loved the picture with the family enjoying a warm drink together!
    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell and thank you for the New Year’s wishes.
      I’m happy you enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures in this story. The Maple’s appreciate your kind words about their home and family. Millie especially loves her new mushroom lamp and thinks it’s very cool--and of course, she’s really happy that you think so, too! I also like the pictures of the family sipping hot chocolate in their new and cozy kitchen. It’s one of my favourites, too :)
      Thanks again for your lovely comment and have a nice weekend!
      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete
  5. Hi Emily!
    Happy New Year!
    I really enjoyed your first post of 2020! Really sweet and charming!
    I love the redecoration of the Maple´s home. Every single corner looks so homey and cosy!
    You did a very good job decorating Millie´s and Daisy´s rooms. I love the white furniture and all the cute accessories you added. I spotted a lovely white lamp in Daisy´s room and I want you to know I love your idea of using the mushroom Nina gave you as lamp for Millie´s room. You had such a brilliant and creative idea! It looks perfect in her room as it matches the wallpaper perfectly. What a coincidence!
    I love how you showed the gifts Nina sent you as the story developed.

    Your pictures look amazing! I love the photo of the Maples sipping hot chocolate in their new kitchen and the one of Millie reading on her bed. Judging by the book she´s holding in her hands and the poster on her bedroom wall, I guess she likes fantasy novels and dragons. Did she get this book as a Christmas gift?
    The picture of the Maples´living room after opening the Christmas presents is as real as life itself.

    Have a lovely day!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!
      Happy New Year to you, too!
      I'm glad you liked my post and how I decorated the Maple's home. Millie and Daisy love their rooms and are happy you like them, too. The white lamp in Daisy's room is a real dollhouse miniature I received for Christmas. Lots of bloggers like the family hot chocolate picture--and so do I. Yes, you guessed right, Millie loves to read, especially about fantasy and dragons. I made the book by creating a template and printing it out, and I made it when I was finishing up reading that same book--in real life, so you could say that Millie and I have a similar taste in books. Maybe she did get the book as a Christmas gift, that would be a good theory--even though it wasn't in the 'opening of gifts' picture. And, yes, that picture reminds me of what my family's living room looked like after we opened all the gift--hehe!
      Thanks so much for your kind comment :)
      Have a great week, Emilie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

A Very Merry Christmas

The Huckleberry Springs Bake-Off