The Periwinkle Family

Hi, all! Today I am going to tell you a bit about this family, the Periwinkles. Now, there not like Jemima's family (from at the periwinkles, Nina's blog) . They are mine and I've had them for quite a bit now, and decided it would be nice for you to meet them!

Also, I hope you like my new blog layout. I find it looks much less cluttered. I really enjoyed changing it around, and so I hope you are not too surprised. One last thing: If you want mini printables that I made (on the computer) for your Sylvanian Families, make sure you check out the new forum topic: Homemade Sylvanian Printables. Hope you like them! Now, let's begin...

My Periwinkle family currently consists of:
Kate, wife of Robert and sister-in-law to Alex
Robert, younger brother of Alex and husband of Kate
Alex, older brother of Robert and brother-in-law to Kate


Kate (45) is a well taught nurse and the wife of Robert. She is an expert at making people smile, especially children and babies. She always has a surprise to give them in the end: a sticker telling them how good they behaved for their appointment. She makes the kids proud.


Robert - I came up with the name - (47) is a very generous doctor, indeed. He is always happy and excited when a new patient comes to his office and works very hard to make them feel better. He is definitely a favourite among the villagers, although they would never admit it!


Alex (49) is the opposite of his brother, Robert. As the older sibling, he prefers to get things done as quick as he can so he "doesn't take up too much of the kid's time working on their teeth". He is organised and collected, always staying calm and generally in a good mood.



Brittany (7) is the eldest and currently the only child of Kate and Robert. She is a very hardworking student at school and wants to either become a ballet dancer or a nurse like her Mum. She admires her parents and uncle for their helpfulness to the community and has a big interest in creep-crawlies... 


Brittany: Why hello, Mr. Spider. How are you feeling today?
Spider: *says nothing*
...and always imagines they can talk back to her, even though they never do!

Here is a close-up of the photo shopped spider. A little bit cute, but... ?? If you don't exactly enjoy bugs like Brittany does, then, the spider doesn't have to look cute for you!




Brittany knows that her mother is going to have a new baby soon, and she is very excited. It's going to happen around end of December or beginning of January. Kate is getting time off work for the pregnancy and is enjoying it, actually, although sometimes she complains that she misses her patients. She must really love her job!

The baby's gender is unknown for now, as they want it to be a surprise. I wonder what will happen... will Brittany get a sister or a brother? Please tell me what you think will happen in the comments! Oh, and if you have name suggestions, do tell!

I'll see you all next time! I hope you had a fun visit with the 'Periwinkle' Family. And also, the Halloween entry is coming soon!

Bye-bye!
Emilie 😊

Comments

  1. Hi Emilie
    I like your new blog layout - it suits your main focus family very well, too, as it is sophisticated and a bit fancy - just like the Maples' clothing!
    I really like your little spider, too - I think it is definitely cute! :)
    Looking forward to meeting the new baby Periwinkle - hope it all goes well (at any rate Kate obviously has access to good medical care!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit, Thanks for commenting! I'm happy you like my new blog layout, as it, too, reminds me of the Maple Cat family.
      The spider is cute, isn't it? I showed it to my parents and they liked it, too.
      As you can see, Kate is already getting a bit old for motherhood but she and the family are very lucky to be expecting a new member! They thank you for your good wishes on it all, and, yes, Kate has access to good medical care, that's for sure!
      Hope to hear from Macadamia Grove again, soon!
      Have a great week, Emilie and the Maples
      :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Emilie!

    I also like your new blog layout, bigger pictures is always better in my opinion, hehe!

    I enjoyed getting to know your Periwinkle family. Such a kind-hearted family of medical professionals! I definitely found Brittany's spider adorable, haha! Fingers crossed that everything goes well with the pregnancy and the new baby! I think she will get a baby brother, just a hunch! Maybe he could be called Henry, or Oliver, like the canon Periwinkle rabbits?

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell!

      Thank you for your kind words! I'm happy you like the new blog layout, and I agree with your "the bigger pictures the better" theory.

      The Periwinkles are glad that you enjoyed your little meet-and-greet blog entry with them. I like the little spider, too, haha :D It's actually a tiny black bead that I drew a face on with the photo-editing program I use to edit the scenery on some of my other pictures.

      Thanks for your good wishes to the Periwinkle family and their new baby. Maybe your right that's it's a boy! Only time will tell. And, also, the original name sounds good if it's a boy because I've almost stuck with all of the original names for the rest of the family. (with the exception of the un-named Periwinkle doctor, who is now Robert!)

      Anyway, thanks for commenting! I hope that you ave a great week, too!
      Emilie and the Maples (and the Periwinkles, too, of course!)
      :-P

      Delete
  3. Also, to everyone:
    I am going to create a poll on the forum where you can submit your name suggestions for boy or girl bunnies. You can submit 4 or less names. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was lovely to meet the Periwinkles, Emilie! I also love your new blog layout-it's very pretty!
    Congrats to the Periwinkle expecting a new baby!
    I usually hate spiders (sorry Brittany), but you've done a good job of editing it because even I think it looks cute!
    I have to agree with Ayrell and say I think the Periwinkles will get a baby boy, even though it is just a guess! And I agree that Henry would be a super cute name too for a boy! Whichever gender the baby is, I'm sure he/she will be much adored!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie, it's great to hear from you!
      I'm glad you enjoyed my story and like my new blog layout. I do, too.
      The Periwinkles are excited about the new baby, (and Henry is great name) seems like many people think it will be a boy! We will soon find out!
      Brittany says that it's fine if you don't like spiders, as her Mum and Dad aren't too fond of them either, but she was happy that you think her's is cute! After all, it's a Sylvanian Spider, so it must look sweet and act in "sylvanian behaviour", too. (haha!)
      I hope you have a great week, too!
      Thank for commenting!
      Emilie

      Delete
  5. A big welcome to your Periwinkle rabbits! Once Mabel from my village hears that there may be relatives at the other side of the river, all Mellowdene will soon find out (she does like to talk, and working on the telephone switchboard, information is passed on quite quickly)! They look a lovely family, and it's good to know that your medical needs are in good hands.

    Congratulation on your revised blog design. I too, think we benefit from seeing your bigger pictures.
    'Bye for now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson,
      I'm happy to hear that Mabel will soon spread the news of possible relatives on the other side of the river. Sylvanako has confirmed that he will put me on the "real" map soon. (yay!) Anyway, I'm happy you like my new blog layout and enjoyed my story. It's always good to hear from you and the villagers living in Mellowdene. The Periwinkles have just found out about your village are maybe one day they plan on visiting (but, of course, I can't follow them to take pictures, haha!) They are happy you liked meeting them and their soon-to-arrive baby.
      Have a great week!
      Emilie

      Delete
  6. Hello Emilie!
    It was a pleasure to meet the Periwinkle family, they seem like such a nice family that I'm sure all your critters love them. Going to the doctors must be a breeze for the children, with such kind rabbits ready to take care of them. Brittany is wearing a lovely pink dress, it suits her very well and she looks lovely in the pink bow as well. I am afraid of spiders (especially the fast ones) but your photo shopped spider actually looks a bit cute. It actually looks quite friendly and cuddly, you have done a good job! I hope Kate is well and her baby is too. Who is replacing her for the time being at the clinic? I think the baby may be a boy but I think either gender will fit into the family well. Is Brittany excited to be a big sister?
    Hugs from Dandelion Creek, Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,
      Thanks for commenting. I am actually moving, in real life, to a different house, so I didn't really have time to decide who is replacing Kate at the clinic. Brittany is very excited to be a big sister, since she has been waiting for 7 years. As you can see, Kate is a bit old to be having a child, but she has access to very good medical care, so all will be fine :)

      Thanks again for your kind words, and I' happy that you liked the spider even if you don't really like them in real life (which is fine too, as I don't really like real spiders either!)

      Have a great day!
      Emilie :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

A Very Merry Christmas

A Christmas Baby