Chilly days...

Hi everyone!
Today I figured I would be posting for this month's challenge: Warm Drinks for Cool Days...

Challenge #19: Warm Drinks for Cool Days

Anyone with even a passing familiarity with our Sylvanian friends knows of their love of pastry and baking. A comforting warm drink to go with these treats is also important! Whether it be a cosy cup of tea, an energising coffee, a sweet mug of hot cocoa, a festive glass of mulled wine, a trendy pumpkin spice latte, or a warming hot toddy, the season for hot beverages has arrived! For this challenge, help your Sylvanians embrace the season with their favourite hot drinks. 

Make an item or items, photograph a scene, write a story, or do whatever inspires you to do something creative around the Warm Drinks theme!


Potential ideas might include:

1. Create some miniature drinks for your figures to enjoy

2. Make up a signature drink that represents your village or one of your characters

3. Set up and photograph your Sylvanians participating in a fall activity with some hot drinks - perhaps visiting a pumpkin patch, attending a harvest festival or gathering around a bonfire

4. Decorate a restaurant, stall, pub, coffee shop, or tea room to serve drinks

5. Craft any sort of item useful in making or serving drinks - mugs, kettles, cups, saucers, boxes of tea or cocoa, marshmallows, tables, chairs, and so on

6. Sew an apron or outfit for a barista, restaurant server, or bartender

7. Write a story that features warm beverages


Have fun!


So... this post is going to focus on not just the Maples, but also some other families who live in Huckleberry Springs and how they are enjoying their Autumn so far.

But, of course, let's start with our favourites! *wink*





A new cafe has opened this Fall in Huckleberry Springs. It is called the Crusty Bakery and Cafe. I have heard it serves the best breakfasts, croissants and chocolate muffins. (oh, and for the adults, it also makes good coffee!)

Here is where Millie and Georgina get to enjoy the perfect Mother-Daughter day together.




I wonder what they are chatting about... :)

The bakery and cafe is also run by a very popular chef, Mr. Beagle. He is both friendly and kind, and very experienced in cheese and breads.




And, in case any of you were wondering where the rest of the family is, Theodore is biking around the park with little Daisy riding happily in the front.



Now, Camryn Caramel is having a good time playing dollies and dress up with her little sister, Peach. I finished decorating their house a long time ago but never got a chance to take pictures of it in it's full glory. So today I thought this would be a good time to show it. Well, at least some of the rooms inside of it, because the whole house will probably come in future posts.

PEACH: "Look Camryn! Mummy sewed me a dolly's dress! Isn't it pretty?"
CAMRYN: "Very pretty, sis. Maybe she can make one for me, too!"
Their studious brother, Chris, is observing the map of Sylvania in his room. He loves all things outdoorsy and nature, and is very adventurous.



(also, with the same photo-editing program I use to edit my pictures... I added a little Huckleberry Springs spot right here:


If you zoom in you can see it in the right ear of the "bunny shape". I hope it's not viewed as cheating, because I'm not going to publicly share it on the forum with anyone! It was just for a little craft of printing out miniature maps for my Sylvanians! :D)


Okay, so here you can see that their mother has prepared three hot chocolates for them and has laid them down on the table. Yummy! Her kids will surely love sipping on those!



A few photos of Pamela Hunter-Smyth keeping herself warm inside the flower shop!

PAMELA: "Hi everyone! It's been a lovely but chilly Autumn, hasn't it?"
A little wreath on the pumpkin shop. (oops, I just noticed an old Littlest Pet shop sticker here on the top of this building... I've had this shop ever since I was little... hehe... please excuse that!)


The newly opened sweets and candies store, owned by Daisy Buttercup!


Back at the park, here is Nick Tuxedo, the younger brother of Mason Tuxedo, with his daughters, Hillary, Bella and Serena.


Wait, what's Hillary looking at in the back...?


...why, it's Serena of course! What a cheeky sister!


Lastly, here is Mason Tuxedo and his family, Hillary, Bella and Serena's cousins. They are enjoying a nice trip to a popular fish restaurant nearby.

So, that's all for now! I hope all of you are having a fun Fall! See you soon!

Emilie and the Maples XOXO

Comments

  1. Hi Emilie,
    I love the new café! Its name sounds very inviting. I´m very fond of crusty bread, haha! It´s really nice to have a place where you can have a muffin, a pastry or a croissant with a warm drink. No wonder Georgina and Millie like going there to enjoy a nice breakfast or some cheese and bread for lunch.
    It´s been lovely to meet some other families from Huckelberry Springs. I´d love to see Camryn´s home in more detail in future posts.You put carpet on the stairs, that´s a really nice touch.
    I see you have an extended family of Tuxedos. They are really nice. The babies look really cute having fun in the park. I´m sure they´ll have a nice meal at the fish restaurant and afterwards maybe some sweets at Daisy Buttercup´s new candy store. I´m sure her little shop is going to be very popular too.There are lots of kids and babies in Huckelberry Springs.
    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata, sorry I took so long to respond. Here is the reply:
      Thank you for your kind words! I really enjoyed setting up and decorating the cafe, and, especially taking pictures. Just so you know, there is another little area (where Mr. Beagle bakes) attached to it but I didn't take pictures because it had no proper flooring (as some of my setups are inside whitish shelves!

      I'm glad you enjoyed reading my story, and yes, I do have another Tuxedo family that is a lot newer, as you probably could tell. The first one was very worn out and I was worried the Tuxedo family was going to be discontinued soon (it looks like I was wrong, phew!)
      And so I got another one for my birthday :)
      I think Daisy's candy shop is going to be very successful too!
      Thanks again for commenting!
      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete
  2. A sweet little story, Emilie! I really like the Crusty Bakery and Café with its curtain/blinds, and Mr Beagle looks very jolly. I think I like the photo with Theodore and Daisy best, although the Tuxedo family come a close second...

    And fancy Huckleberry Springs being so close to Mellowdene! Just the river separating us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson, sorry I took so long to respond. Here is the reply:
      Thank you for commenting! I'm glad you liked the pictures, the story, and the Crusty Bakery and Cafe. I made the curtains with felt. Theodore and Daisy had a very fun bike-ride and I'm sure the Tuxedo's enjoyed a very nice meal at the restaurant.
      Oh, yes, I forgot, Huckleberry Springs is very close to Mellowdene indeed! (I chose the spot because I saw a little river and thought it would be good to represent the "springs" part, but yes, I am very close!) Hehe, that's funny--in a good way, of course.
      Hope to hear from Mellowdene again soon!
      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete
    2. Also, I guess that sooner than later I will have to update my map picture, too, because you are not on the one on my blog, only the forum. The spot with Huckleberry Springs is not taken, just covered with text, unfortunately. I guess I might chose another spot in the future, but it's fun to be close to another blogger on the map :D

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvie! Sorry I took so long to respond. Here is the reply:
      Thank you for your kind words about my story, the cafe and the new place for Huckleberry Springs! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
      Emilie and the Maples :)

      Delete
  4. Lovely story, Emilie! It was so nice to catch up with some of the villagers of Huckleberry Springs.
    I would love to go to the Crusty Bakery and Cafe for a snack! I'm sure it will become a hotspot for the locals!
    Have a nice weekend!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie! Sorry I took so long to respond. Here is the reply:
      Thanks for commenting! I'm very happy you enjoyed taking a little look around Huckleberry Springs. I think that the Crusty Bakery and Cafe will be popular, too!
      Hope to hear from Bluebell Oaks soon!
      Emilie and the Maples :D

      Delete
  5. Hi Emilie,

    Wonderful contribution to the warm drinks prompt! I enjoyed seeing what everyone in Huckleberry Springs was up to!
    I'd love to have some coffee at the Crusty Bakery and Cafe! Mr Beagle seems very nice, and looks like Millie and Georgina are enjoying their afternoon out. :)
    Hope you get to show the rest of the Caramel's home soon! Loved Chris daydreaming with his map. And hot chocolate, yummy!
    Pamela looks very cozy with her shawl! The candy store looks very inviting, and the Tuxedos sure seem to be having a nice afternoon out! They're lovely.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell!
      Thank you for your kind words about my story. I'm glad you thought it was nice. The villagers of Huckleberry Springs are always happy to share what they are up to! I'm happy to hear you liked the cafe. Mr. Beagle thanks you for your compliment on his new hotspot for the locals. Georgina and Millie did have a nice day out together and are happy they chose the new cafe for a place to chat. Pamela is happy you liked her shawl as it really keeps her warm while she waits there for customers. And Daisy is happy you liked her candy store. Lastly, the Caramel's and Tuxedo's thank you for your kind words in your comment! I hope you have a great week, too!

      Emilie, Millie, Daisy, Theodore and Georgina :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

A Very Merry Christmas

A Christmas Baby