Camryn and Millie - back to school

Hi everyone! It's been a long time since my last post. My life has taken a pretty busy turn. I've been working on a lot of different unfinished projects for my sylvanians, I got a bunny, joined a club, and am starting art classes in September. It's also back to school soon. I am home schooled, but still, I've got a lot of studying to do, too! To add to my list, we've been making a lot of trip to visit family every now and then... but, let's just get on with the story:

So, Millie, as you know, has been a t summer camp and is really enjoying it. Soon she will be heading back to school, but has some excited news coming for her. Keep reading to find out!

(P.S. Terra has reminded me to add the mentioning of a Treefellow owl here, and so one reference will have to pop up somewhere!)

(inspired by Cutata and some others to use 'page separators' that have to do with something in the story! It adds a touch of interesting-ness to the posts, do you agree? :D)

Anyway, so... 

Millie has been waiting for a long time for school to start. This is her first time in Huckleberry Spring's elementary. She'll meet new friends, new teachers, and new lessons will start. She is very excited for it. (By the way, I made the autumn wreath in the back by basing it on Mimi's tutorial: http://ashmimi.com/language/en/2015/09/10/skull-wreath/)



One day, just before the first day of grade 5, Millie's mother came home from the post office with a letter. "It's for you, Millie, from your friend you met at summer camp, Camryn."


"Camryn?" Millie asked, intrigued. She couldn't wait to see what her friend was going to say.

Over this time, Camryn has been to the Maple's house a bit, they've met her family and Georgina and Theodore get along well with Camryn's parents. The girls like to play together, the babies like to play together, and even Camryn's brother Chris (who was introduced to you in the last post) plays with them. It has been a good relationship between the friends.

Millie opened the letter and read it out loud. 

"Dear Millie, I have some great news! My parents are sending me to your school! And I'm going to be in your class!!!! Have fun and see you tomorrow, your pal Camryn."

"That's great news, Millie! Congrats!" said her mother, but Millie was too shocked and too excited to say something right away. Finally she squealed happily and jumped up and down in excited. 'Yahoo!"

The next day, Millie packed her bag and was walked to school by her mother, while Theodore watched Daisy at the house. As they entered the building, Millie suddenly got very nervous. It seemed all so new and big. She was having so many new experiences this year!

Georgina walked Millie to the headmistress and principal's office. Mrs. Pettyfur sat in a chair waiting for them. "Hello, miss Maple! Welcome to your new school!" Millie waved and smiled shyly. "Hello, Mrs. Pettyfur. Thank you for the warm welcome."


Mrs. Pettyfur asked Georgina a lot of questions after that. They talked about the registration, sending Millie to the school and why, when they had moved to Huckleberry Springs, Millie's old school and friends, how she was dealing with the move and any allergies or behavioural issue's the school should be aware of.

In the end, everything went fine, and Mrs. Pettyfur, although strict and respectable, was very kind and cared a lot about how new students felt joining the school. Millie was feeling more and more comfortable, and she was looking forward to seeing Camryn in class.

When Mrs. Pettyfur introduced Millie to the class she felt all of the pairs of eyes at her.


She felt a little bit more shy than usual, but then she saw Camryn standing at her desk and waved. You see, Camryn and her slightly older brother Chris had arrived just before Millie did, and was just as relived to see her friend, too.


She ended up standing next to Camryn. "Hi! I can't believe your here, there is so great!" Millie whispered to her friend, as class was about to start. "I know, it's great isn't it?" Camryn replied happily. Millie felt much more comfortable now.


The teachers, Mrs. Outback and Mr. Wilder were very kind and helpful. They had gotten their teaching degree's from the infamous professor Mr. Aristotle Treefellow. And recess was fun, too:

:)

So, I hoped you liked the entry! I found it short but sweet. Millie and Camryn are good friends, now. School is going well for them, and they enjoyed their first day a lot.


Have a great day, everyone!!
Also, wish me luck as I am submitting this to the back to school contest on the forum! Wishing you all good luck, too, your projects are great!!
Emilie :D

Comments

  1. Hi Emilie, it's lovely to see that Millie and Camryn have been able to continue their friendship (and so much easier, now that they are at the same school!) I like the photo of Camryn upside down on the monkey bars! Cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GreyRabbit!
      Millie is indeed very happy about Camryn going to her school. They are both loving it. Camryn is a bit of a daredevil, like her brother Chris, and the upside down pose on the monkey bars is just the start of it! Hehe :D!

      Have a great day, Emilie ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Emilie!
    Your idea of the letter telling Millie they were going to be together at school was great. A lovely way to continue the friendship they started in the summer camp.I love the picture of Camryn waving to Millie. She has such a cute face. She seems to be very friendly and a bit adventurous considering the way she is playing on the monkey bars.
    I love the page separators you used for this story. I´m glad you liked the idea of using them.
    Good luck in your new school year and good luck on the contest too!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Cutata!
      I was wondering on how to bring up the idea of Camryn surprising Millie with the news, and I couldn't have thought a better way than to do it in a letter. Glad you liked it!
      Camryn is happy to hear you like her cute face... haha ;D
      It was surprisingly easy to balance her on the monkey bars. I thought it was a good way to reflect some more aspects of her personality.
      Thanks on the page separators. You were very inspiring! Hehe :)
      Lastly, thank you for the best wishes on the back to school contest and my new school year.
      Have a wonderful week, too!

      Delete
  3. Hi Emilie!
    First of all, congratulations on getting a bunny! I absolutely love animals and bunnies are one of my favourites, so I'm very happy for you! I have a bunny too and I love him to bits! I'm sure your rabbit will have a lovely home with you!
    Now back to Sylvanians: well done on this story! It's really sweet and I'm so happy for both Millie and Camryn that they can continue their friendship at school together!
    Good luck with the contest! I'm sure whoever wins will be well deserving!
    Hope everything goes well for you with month! Art lessons sounds like fun! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thank you very much! I agree, bunnies are totally fun! So far, my bunny is having a good time here, and I can see your bunny is happy with you, too! We all love our pets, don't we? Hehe ;)
      Thanks on the story! I'm happy for Camryn and Millie, too! I hope they will keep developing their friendship until who knows when!
      Thanks for the contest, too! I hope you have a wonderful month, too, and if you are in the contest (I don't think I know if you are or not??) good luck to you, too!
      Thanks for your comment and have a great day,
      Emilie :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Emilie!

    You did a wonderful job on your entry for the contest! I'm very happy you managed to get it done in time to participate. :) I felt really happy for Millie when she learnt that her friend from camp was going to attend the same school! Loved Ms Pettyfur and all the class pictures. But my favourite was the last one, of recess, with Camryn upside down, haha!

    Congrats again on your new pet! :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell!

      Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad, too, that I managed to get this story written and pictures taken before the contest deadline. As you can probably tell, it was a bit rushed, but I'm happy you enjoyed it! Camryn and Millie are happy to continue their friendship. (and Camryn IS a bit of a daredevil, as you can tell from the last picture!! Hehe!)

      Thanks again on the subject of my bunny :)
      Have a great week, too!
      Emilie :)

      Delete
  5. A lovely story, Emilie. Fancy Millie and Camryn discovering and making use of the gym on their first day at the new school! They must be a resourceful little pair. I was wondering if by meeting up at the school they would pay full attention to their lessons, but then I remembered that their families meet up outside school. I'm sure they'll help each other.

    If your bunny likes cuddles be sure to give one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson Butterglove

      Sorry this is a really late reply, but, I didn't know you commented on this post for a while, now! Thanks, anyway, for your kinds words. I will make sure I give my bunny (her name is Dreamer) a lot of cuddles everyday.

      Emilie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

A Very Merry Christmas

A Christmas Prelude