Updates: November

Hi everyone!
So, maybe you have noticed that I'm not on the forum that much these days or I'm not as quick to post for the Creative Crafting Challenges anymore, but don't worry. I still love all of my Sylvanians and am so excited to be able to start again. Why? Because my family and I are moving!!!!

I'm really excited, and although I will miss my friends, here are the good things about moving to this new house:
  1. It's way closer to the rest of our family.
  2. It has a backyard and a basement.
  3. It has a pool.
  4. There are plenty of fun places to visit nearby: a zoo, a bowling alley, a water park, etc.
  5. It's actually my grandmother's old house, since she sadly passed away a few months ago, and my mom and her sisters were wondering what to do with the house and if they should just sell it, but finally we agreed we would buy the house, and so now it's going to be ours on November 15th!
(I'm not bragging, just very excited, so I hope I don't sound boastful or anything!)

Sorry I haven't informed you all about this earlier, but since we have been all so busy packing, driving to the new house and back to our old one, and arranging things, I haven't had much time to do much with my Sylvanians Families.

But I still love them and am interested still in making miniatures, photographing them and writing stories about them, so I will be back on track soon. This is probably the busiest summer/autumn of my life! But, everything will be back to normal soon, once we settle. I might miss posting for the "Gratitude" Creative Crafting Challenge for the Thanksgiving theme (I know what I want to do for it, but I haven't started yet!!), but actually, in Canada where we live, Thanksgiving is actually in October, a little bit before Halloween.

So... I already told the forum about us moving in the "personal news and updates" thread, but nobody responded after that, and so I guess you don't know yet. Well, now you do!

I hope everything is going well and un-stressful in your lives and if bad things are happening than I wish you all the best week and a very happy, carefree day with your Sylvanians.

With love,
Emilie and the Maple Cats

Comments

  1. Hi Emilie
    Congratulations on your exciting news! And how lovely that you will be living in your grandmother's old home and keeping it in the family - just like my Prickles hedgehog family! :D
    I did see your post on the forum - sorry for not commenting there - but honestly we've been super busy lately too, so I've still been reading the forum, but not posting as much as usual.
    I wish you and your family all the best with the move - it can be very busy and stressful, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi GreyRabbit
      Thanks for commenting! I agree, we are so happy to be keeping my grandmothers house in the family, hopefully for many years to come. I have moved before, but still, this is probably the most exciting move I experienced so far. Oh, okay, I guess some people DID see my post on the forum, so, sorry for making assumptions nobody knew! It's fine, we all get busy sometimes, since life isn't all Sylvanians, even though sometimes we wish it were! (haha!) Thanks for the "good luck" wishes! I appreciate it! Hope you have a great week! With love, Emilie and the Maples (who are now packed in a box! ;P)

      Delete
  2. Hello Emilie, thanks for the update! I have gone back and seen your announcement, I seem to have missed it, sorry about that. Your new house sounds wonderful, it's nice how you are keeping it in the family. I'm sure you will enjoy the pool in the hot summer. When will you move in and are able to get out your sylvanians again? I hope you have a good rest of your day, Emily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,
      You're welcome for the update! No worries about the announcement, it wasn't your fault you missed it, so, no need to apologize. We are happy, too, to be keeping the house within the family. The pool IS fun in the summer, and it'll give us something else to do when it's very hot outside. We were originally moving in on the 15th of November, but now it changed and we are moving on the 16th. I will probably get my Sylvanians out the day after we move in, to be able to REALLY set things up again. Thanks for the good day and good move wishes! I appreciate it, a lot! I hope you have a great day, too! Emilie :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Emilie! Congratulations on moving house! It sounds exciting, and like your new house has alot to offer! I hope the move goes well and smoothly. I've only moved house once when I was a little baby, so I'm not really sure what it's like, but hopefully you can settle straight into your new home!
    Thank you so much for your kind wishes regarding our own lives! I have school exams at the moment which are kind of stressful, but in under a week they'll be done and then the summer holidays start in a little while for me, which I can't wait for!
    I've always wanted to go to Canada for a holiday! Lucky you that you live there!
    Have a lovely week and again, good luck for the move! Hope it all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie! Sorry for the (somewhat) late reply. Thanks for your congratulations. We have finally moved, everything is in the house and we just need to unpack. We are settling well, thanks for asking! I hope all goes well with your exams. Some can be hard but I'm sure everything will go fine. Good luck, and I can feel your excitement for summer holidays, even though it's snowing where I live! I guess I am lucky to live in Canada, but your also lucky to live in a place like New Zealand. Thanks again, and I hope you have a lovely week, too!

      Delete
  4. Dear Emilie,


    Sorry about your grandmother passing away!

    It sounds like moving into her house is going to bring you a lot of advantages and I can imagine it is also a nice way to remember her.

    With a backyard and a basement your new home must be a great place to play, and being closer to family and fun places to visit is always a plus! :)

    I'm sure you'll have lots of fun in the pool during summer. :D

    You have been so kind in commenting on my blog regularly, even when I wasn't able to respond or comment on yours as often. Thank you so much for that! :)

    Because of this, the Periwinkles have a question they would like to ask you and the Maple Cats. If you are interested, please tell us your email adress via a comment on my blog (which of course I will not publish) or by writing to us via the email in my blog profile.

    Thank you and have a great november!


    Kind regards from Riverside,
    Nina & the Periwinkles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Nina,

      Thanks for your condolences about my grandmother. I appreciate your kindness!

      Also, thanks for your comment! I agree, it's nice to move into a house you know will bring you a lot of special memories! And, yes, I'm very excited for the pool :P

      Your welcome for commenting on your blog regularly, because your posts are very original, interesting, and fun to read!

      Since I am only 10, I asked my parents about the email thing and they said it was okay. Even if it does get accidentally published, I think I can delete it, right? I will do that as soon as I am able to and have the time. I will comment on your blog instead of sending you an email so you know where to look. One last question--just about why you would like my email address? Don't worry, I'm not suspicious, just wondering the cause. Thanks!

      Have a nice rest of November, too!
      Bye!! Best wishes to you, your Periwinkle Family, and Riverside - Emilie <3

      Delete
  5. Hi Emilie!

    Once again, I'm very sorry about your grandmother's passing. I agree with everyone else that it's great that you are going to keep her house in the family. Your new house sounds great (that pool will be amazing in the summer!), I saw the picture of your new room on the forum and sounds like you're settling in quite well! Sorry for not commenting earlier, it's been a bit hectic for me lately as well.
    I saw that you posted a new story, so I'm going to check that out! :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

A Very Merry Christmas

A Christmas Baby