Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

Hi everyone! I was hoping to do a post based on the Creative Crafting Challenge - Christmas Lists, but something else has been on my mind, and that is re-decorating the Maple Cat's house, and turning it into more of home. If you are wondering why, it's because I have moved into a new home, and all the furniture has been taken out and carefully arranged into bags. Now I can finally take it out and play with it again, much to my delight! Setting up new scenes is fun, ya' know!

.........................................

Hope you enjoy!

.........................................


Millie is quietly enjoying herself at the table, cutting up old scraps of newspaper and drawing on them, making pretty floral designs like the plants in her mother's workplace.

But, nothing around Millie is as silent and peaceful as herself...


"Heave ho!" The workers' joke. They are being especially kind today, not only doing reno's later but also helping to move furniture. How generous of them!

Today is time to remove living room furniture and re-design with a brand new kitchen!!!

(I just noticed a little dust bunny on Mr. Prickle's back... I guess he has been doing a lot of work on floors! Hehe :D)


Mr. Maple is upstairs, where the telephone is currently set up. He is making a call to tell the Maple's friends and family about the progress of the work in the house.

"How's it going so far?"

"Great, Mom!"

"That's good, son. Keep up the good work!"

"Okay, Dad! Thanks, and we will!"

BEEP went the phone. Well that was a short but sweet call. What a nice grown-up son Theodore's parents have!


Georgina and Daisy amuse themselves by watching some reno's from the top floor.

"Hehe! Me love it!" says Daisy.

"Me too!" replies her Mom. "This will be great, won't it! And we don't even have to move, just get our house completely re-furnished."

Right now, in real life, the Maple Cat's furniture is safely and carefully stored in bags, but I'm going to pretend, they are staying at Theodore's parent's house to sleep every night but every day they watch and help with reno's. 😃



Now it's finally time to do the tiling, once the furniture is all moved out of the used-to-living-room.

The workers get the job done quickly. Mr. Prickles, the head of the duo, looks through old floorplans of this house. Mr. Furrbanks helps to understand the plan and works on the tiles with his friend.


In a few hours, the tiles are done!!!!!!!!!! The new kitchen is a small room, so it was easier than other rooms. Doesn't it look fantastic? I think so, and so do the Maple Cats! Sorry that Millie and Theodore aren't entirely in focus, but I think you can see them fine, I hope?

.........................................

I am so happy I got this done! Stay tuned for part 2! I hope you enjoyed this, 'cause I enjoyed setting it all up for you!! Have a lovely weekend!

Emilie and the Maples.     <3 love you all :D!

Comments

  1. Sorry for the confusing-ness of unpacking boxes with reno's. There not moving, let me make that clear, so I will maybe re-post a new picture and forget this one, OK? Thanks!

    Bye and have a great day! Emilie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I've changed it and edited a bit so this makes more sense. The only thing is, I haven't checked the rest. So if you notice something strange, weird, typos and the like, or it fit in to the story, let me know!

      Thank you!
      Emilie :D x 1000

      Delete
  2. Lovely details as usual, Emilie. The newspaper on the table, and the tiling work. Great stuff!

    I'm behind on my Christmas Lists challenge too. As I included lists as part of my Gratitude Challenge, it's proving harder to come up with something original. I'll see how it goes. I'm sure anything you produce on theme will be entertaining - it always is!

    Have a great day, and love to your Maples from Mellowdene!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackson, like always! I enjoy making little details in my pictures so the story is more interesting to read and look at and the plot is more believable. I'm glad you liked it!

      Don't worry about the challenges, I'm sure you'll finish soon. We all come a little bit behind sometimes when real life asks us to tend to other things ;)

      Thanks again for your lovely comment!
      Hope you have a great day, too!
      Emilie

      Delete
  3. Hello Emilie!
    The tiling in the kitchen looks great, it will be very practical and much easier to clean than a wooden floor. Sorrel Cottontail in Dandelion Creek is quite jealous! Mr. Prickles and Mr. Furbank are both very kind to help with the renovation though it does look to be very hard work getting everything done and organized. I'm sure they both look forward to having a soothing hot bath after their work for the day is done. I really enjoyed this first part of the renovation, I can't wait for part 2! The Maples will have an even lovelier home once it is finished.
    Hugs, Emily and the villagers of Dandelion Creek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Emily! (oh dear, I'm so glad our names are spelled differently or this would be very confusing!) Thanks for your kind words! I'm happy you enjoyed reading the story and you like the tiling. My Mom said I might have to choose a different, more bright colour for the tiles because it might be better for my pictures, but everyone seems to like them, so, well, I guess I did choose the right colour! Haha :)

      Sorry that Sorrel is jealous, but what can I do when the tiles have already been placed? XD Maybe she should get some tiles for her kitchen, too! (and maybe I'm starting a critter-tiles trend! Yippee!)

      Yes, Mr. Prickles and Mr. Furrbanks were very kind to help the Maples with their renovations, and that is just typically ordinary Sylvanian behaviour--hehe. And yes again, they are very happy to relax for a little while before work starts again, since as they say, "working hard gives great rewards!" (well, not exactly that, but you get what I mean!)

      Don't worry, since you like it that much, Part 2 will be out in a jiffy! I have quite nicely (if I do say so myself!) decorated the kitchen with all sorts of supplies to furnish the first room. I think it looks great and I can't wait to show you all!

      The Maples agree with you--they are so excited for the reno's to be done, Theodore says "It will look fantastic!" I think he is right, and from your comment, so do you!

      Thanks again for commenting and have a wonderful rest of your week,
      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete
  4. Hi Emilie! Thanks for showing us abit around the Maples' house and how the renovations are going! It's looking fabulous! I bet the Maple family can't wait to have it all completed!
    I love all the little details! Well done!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      You're welcome for the update! Also, thank YOU for your lovely comment! The Maple's agree with you, and so do I, it IS looking fantastic. And yes, you are right once more: they can't wait for it to be all done so they can live there comfortably again!

      Many people have been mentioning the details--like you--and so I'm glad you like them!

      Thanks again, and have a wonderful day,
      Emilie

      Delete
  5. Hi Emilie!

    What a great idea to have the Maples redecorate, since you needed to pack everything for your move anyway! I agree, setting up scenes is really fun! It's one of my favourite parts of this hobby. :)

    Haha, the dust bunny in Mr Prickle's back! :D As you said, he must have been working ready hard!

    They even got new tiling! Their new kitchen looks wonderful already. Looking forward to Part 2!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell!

      Thank you for your kind words. I haven't been really good with the challenges recently, but I'm excited to start using the Crafting Prompts again soon.

      I'm happy you enjoyed reading my latest story! Yes, setting up scenes for our Sylvanians is near the best, isn't it? Something we collectors can all agree on--haha.

      Don't worry, Part 2 will come! (and I agree, the tiling really makes the kitchen look better, doesn't it?)

      I hope you have a great week, too!

      -- Emilie

      Delete
  6. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.
    House Renovations in Brixton,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

A Very Merry Christmas

A Christmas Prelude