Pumpkin Pie (part 2 of Pumpkin Farm)

Hello again! If you are wondering why I am posting so soon after the 28th's Pumpkin Farm entry, than here's the reason: it's Part 2! I soon realised that I had so much else I wanted to express with the Maples and the beautiful Autumn season that I decided to make a part 2. Here it is:

(by the way, if you haven't read Part 1 yet, I suggest this is the best time to do it!)

The Maple's have gotten home from the Pumpkin Farm, and they are having a pleasant after noon at their home, outside, putting up Fall Decorations while the kids play in the leaves.


Theodore is on the ladder stringing up the Autumn Banner, while Georgina watches in anticipation. (if you look closely in to the far right of the photo, you will see that Millie is watching, too!)


Millie watching her Dad put of the decorations, but is supposed to be watching her sister instead, to make sure little Daisy doesn't get into trouble!


But of course, Daisy is too busy playing in the leaves, fumbling with her bottle to run off anywhere.



The Maples have previously hung up a "Happy Autumn" banner over the the balcony.


Pretty, don't you think?


Under the roof, inside the cozy porch, lies their stack of food and treats from the Pumpkin Farm: a bag of potatoes, some crisp cherry/cream deserts, two delicious jams and some ripe apples.

Georgina is now going inside to make her homemade pumpkin pie. This'll be fun to watch!


First, she cuts the pumpkin open.


Then, she cuts the stem off.


There! The pumpkin is done!


Soon, she melts it into a pot with butter and cream.


Then, she makes the pie crust and bakes it. Then she pours the pumpkin/butter/cream mix into the pie crust and ... voila! It's done!


I wish I could eat a pumpkin pie right now! Do you?

Have a lovely Autumn, fellow collectors! Bye!
XO Emilie and the Maples

P.S. If Florence Holiday or Shiloh Sylvanian is reading this, then I'd like to say that I love your new profile pictures on the Sylvanian Families Collector's Community forum! They are both really nice!

Comments

  1. Hi Emilie!
    Lovely continuation to your original Autumn post! Those Autumn decorations are so lovely! The house looks even more beautiful with them. :)
    No wonder Millie is watching her dad, it's always a bit worrisome when someone climbs a ladder so high!
    Daisy is adorable, as usual! Love that picture of her playing with the leaves!
    I also wish I could eat a pumpkin pie after watching Georgina work on hers! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayrell!
      Thank you for your comment! It's always great to hear from you and the residents of Arcfield. I had fun setting up the scenes and I too, find it looks better with decorations.
      I agree, the pumpkin pie looked so good, I wanted to eat one, too!
      I'm glad you liked the pictures!
      Xo Emilie and The Maples

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvie!
      Thank you for your kind words!
      I'm so happy you enjoyed looking at the Maple's day in the Autumn season. Have a great day,
      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete
  3. Well done to the Maples on their beautiful Autumn decorations! The house looks amazing! I also love the wreath on their front door-did you make it?
    Aww, Daisy is adorable! Those Autumn leaves really set off her ginger fur! I just also have to add that I love Millie's hat! It seems very stylish!
    Have a lovely October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!
      Thank you for commenting!
      I'm happy you liked the decorations! They seem to be a big success with the other collectors, too!
      I agree, Daisy is very cute playing in the leaves, and Millie appreciates you calling her stylish in her hat. It just fit her, but getting it to stay on the figure was kind of hard, as the Velcro wouldn't stick. My mom helped me make the wreath, I'm glad you like it! I do too, we followed Mimi's tutorial on the wreath but tweaked around the colours so it was more Autumn-y and less Halloween-y. As you can see, our wreath isn't the exact replica of Mimi's, but it was the closest example, so here is the link: http://ashmimi.com/language/en/2015/09/10/skull-wreath/

      Anyway, have a great Autumn Kelsie!
      XO Love from Emilie and the Maples
      :D

      Delete
  4. Part two of your story is really good, Emilie! Straight away I was smiling seeing that first picture with Theodore up the ladder. Daisy in the leaves is, of course, cute as anything, and following Georgina's pumpkin prep step by step is a nice storytelling technique.
    I really liked it.
    Have a great October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson!
      Thank you for your kind words about my latest story.
      I'm happy I made you smile with the pictures and the words. I hope you have a great day and also, a great October!

      The Maples say hi, too!
      Bye-bye!

      Emilie :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Emily!
    The Maples´autumn decorations are lovely. What a clever use of beads to make the garland at the porch.The banner on the balcony looks great too and so does the wreath! You did a very good job!
    A second part after the visit to the pumpkin farm was a great idea. I really like the picture of Daisy playing in the leaves ,I love the shades of orange and yellow. I also like the pictures where Georgina is cutting the pumpkin. I´ve never had pumpkin pie but I´d love to have a piece of the one Georgina made. I´m sure it´s delicious!
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cutata!
      Thanks for your comment!
      I'm glad you liked the autumn decorations that the Maples have put on their home, and also the pictures I had fun taking of the family members all dressed up for the season!
      I've personally never had a pumpkin pie either, but I think Georgina's looks delicious, too! :D
      I hope you have a lovely autumn and a great week!
      Emilie and the Maples

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

A Very Merry Christmas

A Christmas Prelude