A Very Merry Christmas

 Hi again... it's been FOREVER since I have last posted a story, but those of you who know me from the collector's forum also know that I was thinking of getting back into blogging eventually. Soooooo without further ado I will now present a short Christmas themed story for the Winter Celebrations creative challenge... with pictures, of course.





It was a lonely Christmas morning for Felicia Tuxedo. She had been so busy this year with her photography career, multiple photo exhibitions and moving into her own apartment that her Christmas tree didn't dawn a single decoration.


Gazing out the window she saw slushy city streets and barely any snow. Was it just her, or were the Christmas lights a little dimmer this year?


She decided it was best to relax and sat down. But her thoughts kept wandering to her family and friends back in the countryside.


And suddenly, as if by miracle, there was a knock on the door and her mother Natalie appeared holding a shiny present and in her best clothes.


"Merry Christmas, dear. We thought we would drop in and say hello," Natalie exclaimed. Felicia was very surprised, and very, very happy.

"Come on in, it just so happens I don't have any plans today," she said, beaming.


The day became even more exciting when her two sisters, Lily and Rose came in, followed by the triplets Peppermint, Angelica and Midnight.


The lonely Christmas morning had suddenly turned into a wonderful Christmas celebration. The whole family was together and Felicia wasn't so lonely anymore. She just had to remember to invite more people over for Christmas next year!


So remember: Christmas is fun on it's own, but it's always better with family and friends.


The End

I hope everyone reading this had a Merry Christmas and happy holidays.


Best wishes,

Emilie

Comments

  1. Very true, Emilie. Hope you got to celebrate with all your family too! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GreyRabbit! With coronavirus, it's harder nowadays to spend Christmas with plenty of people, but my immediate family was with me and that's all that matters! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, too.

      Best wishes,
      Emilie

      Delete
  2. Hi Emilie!

    I'm happy to see this lovely new story, and for Felicia having a family Christmas. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I don't have any family to speak of these days, but I have a good friend whose family treat me like one of them, and we had a great time together on Christmas Day.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackson!

      Thank you for your lovely comment on my story. I'm happy you and your friends had a great Christmas celebration together last year! A great way to say goodbye to 2021. I hope you had a wonderful New Year as well!

      - Emilie

      Delete
  3. Hello Emilie! Happy holidays, I'm happy to see your blog is alive and well! I like this story a lot because family bonding and gatherings are very special and should always be cherished.

    It's a little coincidence but my sister gave me Felicia for this holiday season and here you are displaying Felicia for this Christmas story!

    Happy Holidays, I hope yours is absolutely wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Poshpear!

      Happy Holidays to you and yours as well! I'm so happy that I finally got around to blogging again after all this time and very grateful that the community has welcomed me back so kindly! I had a lot of fun writing and taking pictures for this story so I'm glad you enjoyed it as well.

      What a coincidence since Felicia was one of my Christmas presents too! I guess she is very popular this holiday season :D I can't wait to see her in your blog as well!

      I hope you had a wonderful New Year,
      Emilie

      Delete
  4. Hi Emilie! So good to see you back! I haven't been blogging much recently either, but it's completely fine to take breaks from hobbies, and it's great fun when you do get back into it!
    This story was so heartwarming! Very sweet that Felicia was able to have a reunion with her family to beat the Christmas blues! I wonder what was in that lovely present...?
    Hope you had a great Christmas! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelsie!

      Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. I am glad to be back, too, and you're right, it is great fun to get back into old hobbies (especially Sylvanians!)

      The Tuxedo family had a wonderful Christmas together as a family but they would like it to be up to you to guess what was in the present ;)

      I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year as well!
      Emilie

      Delete
  5. Hi Emilie,
    I wrote two comments on this post at Christmas time but for some strange reason none of them were published.
    I remember telling you I was glad to see you back blogging again.
    I loved this heartwarming story! You managed to create a feeling of sadness and loneliness at first that turned into a happy and cheerful atmosphere at the end when the whole Tuxedo family was reunited.
    I´m sure spending time with her family was the best Christmas present for Felicia.
    A big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emilie!

    Glad to see you blogging again! I loved this little story and how Felicia's melancholy quickly turned into happiness when her family came to see her. I hope this year they have a huge family gathering together!

    I hope you had great holidays with your family this year as well.
    Have a wonderful day! Stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

The Huckleberry Springs Bake-Off