My second post

So, sorry for the long wait, everyone!
I'm back. I have just returned from a summer vacation (it is now July 9th) and it was very fun, in case you wanted to know. Happy overdue July 4th to all Americans, and happy very overdue July 1st to all Canadians. So, let's get this post started!

This post is going to be written by Maple Cat mother, Georgina. Let's begin...

(oh, and by the way, I will use different fonts to show that different family members are writing the posts... well, not, really them, but sort of 😉)

(OK... trash that idea... there aren't a lot of fonts anyway, and they mostly look the same)

Hi, it's Georgina. Life at the 'House on the Hill' is going great, considering we just moved here from the Sylvanian Town where my husband Theodore had his very own tram business. (he was recently hired to drive the older residents of the Sylvanian Village around to get them around the place.)

Millie was booked in a new school, and so that's good. She seems to be adapting quite well, since you all probably want to know. All of the neighbours have been so kind, they threw a party for Daisy's 1st birthday, only a week after we moved here and met them!! I was so surprised, I'd never seen anything like it. The neighbours are a family called the Teaks. They have three children, and their daughter is in Millie's 5th grade class.

Wait! I almost forgot, since you probably don't know a lot about me, here is a list ( I love making lists) about ten of my hobbies and likes...


  1. Cooking
  2. Gardening (I used to own a flower/garden shop)
  3. Spending time with the kids
  4. Watching cooking shows
  5. Organizing rooms in the house
  6. Cleaning (well, I don't LOVE it, but it's good enough)
  7. Having a good nap
  8. Family bike rides (Daisy has a baby bike-seat)
  9. Staying at home watching the sun set from our front porch
  10. Getting a nice glass of Lemonade in the summer
So, also, although a woman never reveals her age, I am 41 years old, turning 42 this September.

SNAPPING BACK INTO EMILIE, WE WILL HAVE TO SET UP A PARTY SCENE FOR HER, AND I PROMISE I'LL TAKE SOME PICTURES!!!! 😃😃

I am getting an offer for a well paying job that I hope to accept but must find a sitter for Daisy first, as her older sister is only 10 and not able to stay at home alone yet. The job is a gardening service, so of course, I'm pretty used to that. I hope it'll help a lot of people with their gardening abilities.

My closest friend so far is Mrs. Wildwood, she is the wife of Millie's teacher (small town, don't you think?) and has been a great help since we moved. As well as the Teaks, the Wildwoods were one of the first people we met here in the Sylvanian Village.

Oh, and I also love how all of the houses here have nicknames, 'Old Oak Hollow Treehouse' 'Cloverleaf Manor' and so on... it just makes the whole place seem so much more intriguing, or original, or welcoming...

If you are wondering why I have all this time to write to you all, then I will explain that Millie is at school and Daisy is napping. Daisy never naps, and is surprising very needy for a one year old. Not that that's a bad thing, but she constantly wants to be with me no matter what. The hardest thing for us to handle so far was getting her her very own room. She also dislikes getting her diaper changed, as far as I know the only way to get her to keep still is to feed her chocolate chips. The problem with that is, she has five, and that's enough, in my opinion, but then she always seems to get another five. And then she doesn't eat what we give her--string beans, mashed carrots, peas. I mean, Millie's favourite foods as a baby were peas and peaches and broccoli and, well, everything! She was just so different from Daisy, and having my second and probably last nine years later would most predictably be easy! But no... and here, she cries again...

I guess that was a good chat, but I better go get Daisy now. That was a pretty good nap, and so I'll congratulate her for that one. She's a god baby with a good heart, but is just so hard!

Alright, I better go now, bye bye!

Poor Georgina! That Daisy sure sounds like a lot of work. But if she accepts that job offer, than yippee! I wonder which baby sitter she'll find. I wonder who we'll be hearing from, next!

Bye for now, Emilie

Comments

  1. Hi Emilie!
    I hope Georgina can get the gardening job. She must have a lot of experience as she used to have a flower shop in town.
    I´m afraid Daisy keeps her busy most of the time so I hope she can find a good qualified baby-sitter to take care of her younger daughter in case she is lucky to get the job.Daisy is a bit of a handful so the baby-sitter must have lots of patience to deal with her.
    Looking forward to seeing what happens in your next post!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cutata! I hope she can get the job, too.
      Have a great day, Emilie

      Delete
  2. Hi Emilie!

    Thank you for letting me know about your blog, I really enjoyed reading this first story about the Maples. :)
    Poor Georgina sounds quite overwhelmed with taking care of her baby girl. I'm sure getting that gardening job will be good for her, and little Daisy will hopefully also learn to be a bit more independent!
    They have such nice neighbours, too! Looking forward to those pictures of the party. :)
    I loved the detail that Georgina likes making lists, hehe! Nice personality trait!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ayrell. Your welcome for the story and the introduction. I wrote this post to keep me going on the blog and to inspire myself to write a follow up post.
      Thanks for reading. Don't worry, if everything go's fine, there will be lots of party pictures in September!!
      Thanks again for your kind words and so have a great day,

      Emilie

      Delete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and have a wonderful day! Hope you liked my post:

Popular posts from this blog

Renovations in the Maple's House... PART 1!

A Very Merry Christmas

The Huckleberry Springs Bake-Off